PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fake management at JQHQ
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 23:52
Willie Nelson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wear the Foxhat:

A lot of your concerns I sympathise with. The company indeed does do little to mitigate the effects of poor rostering. Lack of ground staff is a common concern and frustration that we all experience.

Many of your concerns however would not be alleviated by going elsewhere though, at least that's my view, better to try to work within the system and report some of the things that really are within the company's control.

Runway changes and checking flap settings are issues around flight safety that have squat diddly to do with any level of management other than their capacity to ensure safe procedures are in place to mitigate the risk, which I believe is now done quite well. As far as I understand this would not improve if you were to go over the road but I'm happy to be corrected.

I have had a pretty positive experience with 'Just culture' but I cannot speak for others, this would indeed always be a very subjective thing of course.

The job is indeed stressful at times and will always be so, its not all the fault of your employer though. There are plenty of less stressful jobs around and it gets to us all at times but I think things have improved a lot since I started and I therefore try to look on the positive side of things.

As for the 3 check 787 appointments, at least I know what everyone is complaining about now, but that's secret squirrel wide body stuff, I'd always be the last to know. Does sound a bit dodgy.

Last edited by Willie Nelson; 23rd Mar 2017 at 23:54. Reason: Typo.