PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 Still In Production After 60 Years.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 19:23
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rutan around
Perhaps A Squared might explain to us unedumacated Aussies how the millions of unemployed, under employed and over employed but still not being paid a living wage might go about obtaining that insurance. Remind us of what your minimum wage is ......if your keyboard numbers go that low.
WHy are you so worried about what goes on in a country in which you don't live, and whose internal politics don't affect you? Australia and the US are 2 pretty different places with some pretty different outlooks on the relationship between the state and the individual. As a single example, I was surprised recently, to discover that in Australia, a private pilot may be compelled to submit to a random narcotics test.

The Australian position seemed to be approximately "well, yeah, how else are thye going to keep us safe?"

The US response is "ARE YOU EFFIN" KIDDING ME!!!!!?????? A Private citizen, conducting his own private, non-commercial, personal activities can be accosted by a government agent and in the absence of any probable cause, be compelled to prove that he hasn't broken the law,????? "

Now, it's not my intent to get into a discussion of personal liberties and the presumption of innocence, etc, etc. I'm just saying that Australians and Americans have pretty different philosophies on some things. It is not irrelevant that even within this thread we have an example of brothers who share DNA and upbringing, but came to opposite conclusions on which philosophy is better to live under. Point being that applying your view on how things "should be done" to somewhere else with a significantly different organizational philosophy, without really understanding the complexities of the issue may fall somewhat outside the topic of the price of a new 172.