PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 18:18
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No it isn't - but if it is all sorted, why they aren't telling anybody about it? So you'd be happy to give them the money and assume it'd be alright on the night? Can't think of another significant, planned operation for this summer out of the UK where the aircraft and operator isn't yet available - how long before flights start - 5 weeks?
Not that I have something of an extensive background of sub-chartering in aircraft but do you know what I would do? ... I would wait, and wait, and wait to realise if we've sold 30 seats, 70 seats, 150 seats, whatever and then I'd sub-charter in an appropriately sized aircraft whether it be an ERJ145, a B737 or whatever.

Similarly if they haven't already got the aircraft type on their fleet, they haven't already leased or bought them, perhaps they're waiting to establish if and what demand there may be for these routes before deciding what aircraft type to lease or buy.

Can't think of another significant, planned operation for this summer out of the UK
Ah yes, the good old "island mentality" ... Aren't Stobart Air a Republic of Ireland of the European Union operator, come on, you remember the European Union don't you, there's a whole world out there beyond the shores of England, Scotland, Wales & Essex!