PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John and Martha King
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2003, 22:38
hungry_flygal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
general thought, but IMHO, don't the airports have a say in who they let in and when ?

For example, if Sydney airport doesn't want bugsmashers in there, they'll either deny clearence or price us out ...

Also, was at the CASA flight safety forum today and a presenter said that with NAS, you tell the controller that your coming and if they reply with your callsign and no clearence, that's supposed to mean "come on in, I don't have your clearence yet, i'll just go get it". I'm thinking if they were heaps busy, they really wouldn't want to deal with a bugsmasher ....

Another point that i'm a little unsure about (and i don't mean to stir up or divide opinions) but for areas of relatively high volume VFR traffic, I helps reassure my peace of mind if i make a general broadcast on the area frequency just to quickly state, who, where, height and north/south bound. In the new system, where you're only supposed to talk to ATC, i think this sort of 'broadcast' will be frowned on... IMHO, this will be a shame ...

Anyway - I know i'm only a PPL pilot - but that's my 2 cents ... no offence intended to anyone who disagrees ....