PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 16:08
SWBKCB

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts
Funnily enough a few days ago travellers we being lambasted for not doing adequate research before setting off.

That was totally different, that was about some individuals who expected something for nothing and went in to print when they didn't receive it.
No, that was some individuals that assumed that things at SEN would be the same as other airports that they'd travelled to i.e. that they could stay in the terminal until public transport started - bit like Mrs Jones in South Woodham Ferrers when she books her ticket. Surely the experienced travel would check and not assume that the airline had the means to deliver?

would you employ a builder who you thought didn't have the skills or equipment to do the job

Is it being suggested that Stobart Air don't have the skills and/or equipment to do the job, that either they don't have their own AOC with airworthy aircraft and professionally qualified staff and/or they are not capable of picking up a telephone to an ACMI operator to operate their services upon their behalf?
No it isn't - but if it is all sorted, why they aren't telling anybody about it? So you'd be happy to give them the money and assume it'd be alright on the night? Can't think of another significant, planned operation for this summer out of the UK where the aircraft and operator isn't yet available - how long before flights start - 5 weeks?

I thought the whole point of this exercise was to establish the credibility of SEN

Well that's the first time I've heard SEN's credibility being questioned, that Southend Airport shouldn't be believed and/or trusted!
Apologies - should have made it clear that I meant SEN as a credible London destination (thank you, Barling Magna)