PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 13:25
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dearest chaps 1954 of course I'm aware of the taxiway work being undertaken, but after all it is only Repairs that are being carried out just as in previous years, so no growing of the infrastructure there then. I did of course Fail to mention one piece of infrastructure that has been done since R2 and that is the new Control Tower. Although it's good to see it, it was after all only replacing one that existed before and was not in addition to.
As for the Terminal development, as I say Too little and Too late. At peak times terminal is running at capacity and then some, I've experienced it ! More like being at a Musical chairs event when trying to find somewhere to wait and no, not many truly International airports are like that.
'Twud appear also that dear old Terminal 1 is not going to be leveled after all, but twiddled with. What an enthralling experience that will be when completed. Into the same dull, very very dull crowded multi-storey car park drop-off area, or through claustrophobic security hall (Jet 2), up stairs, down stairs.
Yes a truly great experience.
However getting back to Kuwait, if the Pax are let off the aircraft, isn't there a Retail opportunity available in which to make some dosh? I could be wrong however, and they may only be let -off to clear security again. Anyone clarify how these sort of transits work?

I really do hope that my pessimism is misplaced.

With kind regards to all,

Mr Grumpy.