PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPRB
Thread: AFPRB
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 09:18
m0nkfish

Received 56 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Ascoteer
Luckily there's no demand for FJ pilots in civvy street, but lots for A330/Widebody Boeing/Global Express/BAe146 rated pilots, plus from the retention paperwork it seems they are the ones leaving.

I second your proposals, but, using your 'modern thinking', it seems like it's the ME pilots who need the 'special' payband, with the multi's guys also, with the notable exception of the Tonka pilots, doing most of the op flying these days on top!

Besides, how expensive can property be in Lossiemouth?
Actually there is a high demand for FJ guys in the civilian world right now. In fact, it's hard to imagine a time when a disgruntled and undervalued Tornado/Typhoon pilot could have been better placed to be leaving than right now. At the moment you will have your pick of a number of six figure jobs, most tax free and not all in the ME. Or stay in the UK and work for a number of companies that are keen to absorb the latest experience and talent to help sell their products.

I'm not saying there isn't an equal, or maybe even greater pull for ME pilots, it's not my area so I wouldn't know.