PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 04:39
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
The hypocrisy is this. Alan Joyce mentioned a number of other causes that Qantas has championed and sure, we've had a R on a Dash 8 for the recognise campaign, a mo on a 737 for Movember and a blue ribbon for prostrate cancer (after the CEO had prostrate cancer). He also mentioned the homelessness campaign amongst others.

So which of those issues came with massive social media campaigns? Which of those issues also came with decorations in the campus? Which of those came with videos on repeat play at baggage carousels and other front of house areas as well as in crew rooms and other back areas. Did the homelessness campaign feature some cardboard boxes in the foyer of the Mascot campus with one of our managers sleeping in it a few nights a week? Did any of those issues involve painting ground support equipment in the colours of the cause?

Further, at least prostrate, breast cancer and Movember are social health issues as opposed to SSM which is at best a socio-political issue if not simply a political issue.

It was chilling to read Michael Barnett's comments that he intends to 'target' people in high profile leasdership positions when their 'stance' (presumably being Christian is enough) is at odds with the company edict. That means he's 'targeting' people like Lookleft and I and anyone else who doesn't agree with SSM. He wants us removed from positions of leadership within the airline because we don't support the SSM cause.

At least the totalitarian aims of the SSM lobby are now becoming more clear. That's a handy thing to at least understand. It was also interesting to read of Lanor's intention to include sexual preference under 18c and thus under their proposal making it illegal to voice opinions such as many have proffered here in support of traditional marriage.

I haven't forgotten the other person who asked my thoughts re the legal status of same sex couples under current de facto legislation.