PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPRB
Thread: AFPRB
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 03:44
Ascoteer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deliverance
My point is that each job should have a payband. I don't care who earns more, just pay what you think they are worth paying. If ME pilots justify more as a result of outflow then why not pay more? Plenty of FJ guys transition to civ air too btw.

No issue with having NCO pilots either. Just pay them properly. Not sure NEM solved that one.

The main point is that the RRP proposals don't seem to address the problem. The AFPRB is not independent enough and NEM was a muddle that seemed to take forever to come up with but solved little, if anything. Truly a fine example of a committee decision. If you can payband the junior ranks, why not officers?

Anyway, looking forward to another real terms paycut tomorrow.
Sadly, in order to put up with the rest of the issues, such as lack of operational support, instability, working hours etc, the pay offer for any flying job would have to significantly outstrip civilian equivalents, which would be, at a guess, at least a 70% rise on top end Flt Lt with mid-high level RRP pay.

You're right, pilots should have moved to separate pay spine a long time ago...it's all a little too late now.