PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keeping a LAPL current
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 00:46
Forfoxake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehallam
This is from a letter from the CAA Licencing HQ to me today - might be useful ?
mike hallam.

I am assuming (given the information you provide on your licence and the type of aircraft you fly) that we are talking about a UK PPL with an SEP rating attached to it? Assuming that is the case, the short answer to your question is that you still need to meet the revalidation requirements for the SEP rating. These are now located in the first entry of Table 1, Chapter 1, Part 3 to Schedule 8 of the ANO 2016. These are the same requirements (incorporated by reference into the ANO) as set out in FCL.740.A (b)(1) of the EASA Aircrew Regulation for an SEP rating attached to an EASA licence:

(b) Revalidation of single-pilot single-engine class ratings.

(1) Single-engine piston aeroplane class ratings and TMG ratings. For revalidation of single pilot

single-engine piston aeroplane class ratings or TMG class ratings the applicant shall:

(i) within the 3 months preceding the expiry date of the rating, pass a proficiency

check in the relevant class in accordance with Appendix 9 to this Part with an

examiner; or

(ii) within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the rating, complete 12 hours

of flight time in the relevant class, including:

— 6 hours as PIC,

— 12 take-offs and 12 landings, and

— refresher training of at least 1 hour of total flight time with a flight instructor (FI)

or a class rating instructor (CRI). Applicants shall be exempted from this refresher

training if they have passed a class or type rating proficiency check, skill test or

assessment of competence in any other class or type of aeroplane.
Thanks for posting this, Mike, but I do not think it answers my question.

Guess I will have to continue trawling through vast EASA documents!