PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lap top and tablet ban
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2017, 00:27
Trevorof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of interest is that nothing packed in the hold bag is covered by insurance. SQ desk staff at Guangzhou insisted that my 6.9 kg cabin bag that had to reduced to 5 kg despite having done two sectors with SQ at the 7 kg limit. As my hold bag was too far up the check in conveyor the desk agent took my phone, charger and book from me and packed them in. After arriving in Medan on Silkair found phone and charger missing.
The insurance company refused to pay as nothing packed in bag, even by SQ staff against my protest that I am allowed 7 kg, was covered.
Who will cover loses due to theft or damage? Business opportunity for Rent a PC and cloud people must be happy?

The size of the phone is left to airline discretion as per Dept. of Homeland Security: A9: The size and shape of smart phones varies by brand. Smartphones are commonly available around the world and their size is well understood by most passengers who fly internationally. Please check with your airline if you are not sure whether your smartphone is impacted.

I have received an email from one airline that details sizes so my Nokia Lumia 1320 phone is not allowed in cabin. This is 6" screen. Seems like a new phone is required before my flights later this month and in April if it might be removed on some airlines.

I wish the ruling was global and not by airline