PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 20:44
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biscuit74, I too have wondered about the escape move, and not having flown a Hunter I can't say that I have any real knowledge of how to do it, but I would expect that practice of that move would also involve reading the Pilot's Notes for the aircraft, and taking into account the situation at the apex, low, slow and out of energy... not a good time to roll the aircraft without being really sure of what's happening with the energy.

The aircraft is very spin resistant and is most reluctant to enter a spin unless coarse use is made of the rudder or ailerons during manoeuvres close to the stall, particularly in heavy buffet. Under these conditions, an erect spin is more likely to occur than an inverted spin, but the latter may result from coarse use of aileron, caused by, for example, a poorly executed loop, a stall turn type of manoeuvre or when full aileron rolling manoeuvres are performed and the control column is moved appreciably aft. It is recommended that theses pro spin conditions be avoided.