PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish CAA
Thread: Irish CAA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 17:14
valve guide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Langball
They are the IAA (Irish Aviation Authority), not the CAA (we got rid of that crowd around 1922). The IAA don't directly set maintenance fees or costs. As for being 'lenient' they don't turn a blind eye (it that's what you mean). Sorry, but if you ask a 'wishy-washy' question you'll get an corresponding answer.
Don't apologise for your reply, I'm sure plenty of people will, as is seen below, get where I was coming from. In the U.K. You can fly these kits for 28 days, I was wondering if the IAA (thanks for your correction) perhaps approved these types for longer or indeed allowed them to fly in Irish Airspace as France and Italy , to name two, do. I am aware that they do not set maintenance fees etc but I wondered if there discipline was more akin to the FAA where there fees are not as high for paperwork etc as the CAA. This was a genuine question and not meant to sound wishy washy! Thank you to all the people below who have been most helpful and there was no derogatory feelings re Southern Ireland. I had original put Ireland and then thought someone might ask North or South. My father was from Co Kildare so I have no axes to grind. Cheers.