PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 Still In Production After 60 Years.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 09:33
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts
The other accident you quoted...$480,000 payout to the family, ridiculous, might as well close the company down for good. Bet the scumbag lawyer did OK out of that. Some of them are real Parasites.
Umm Acrosport II; Unless I'm grossly misreading that particular post, the amount quoted was;

It was a 1966 185, the accident was in 1989, and the award was in 2001. The award was 480 million USD
My bolding.

And just another view of GA Aircraft Manufacturers:

The construction of the mainstays of Light Commercial GA Twins in Australia, (and probably elsewhere for that matter) the Cessna Piston engined 402/404/414/421 and the 441 Turboprop; and the Piper Chieftain (and its variants) stopped around the same time as the Cessna Singles, and for much the same reasons!

Although I believe cost per unit rose markedly here in Australia once depreciation laws were changed, which contributed to a huge drop in orders which didn't assist the manufacturers at all! Tailwheel and Gaunty are far more able to expound on those issues than I.

My point is; All the abovementioned Twins are getting older and older. What is available to replace them?

ASAIK; Nichts!!