PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR S-92 Missing Ireland
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 09:13
Ber Nooly

Originally Posted by Mitchaa
Their intentions are unclear in that clip.

Asked if they are going direct to the ship, they say...

"Our intentions are not to go as far as the ship but it is a possibility, it is a possibility"

I cannot understand the next sentence, it's a little unclearer,

We are having problems getting there or we will have problems getting there for rescue so our intention is to stop at blacksod for a refuel and then we will figure it out from there.

To me, they are indecisive, there is no clear plan on what they are doing. Stopping at blacksod for more fuel (rather than low on fuel) to figure out what they would do next.

As they were indecisive on their actual plan, they could easily have elected to land on blackrock rather than blacksod to give them time to figure out what to do next. It is a possibility, it is a possibility suggests to me that their plan for blacksod was on their mind but not a certainty.

I don't think we can draw any conclusions from that 30secs audio, it's indecisive.

They said they were finding it hard getting "two-way" (comms) with R118. Nothing about not being sure about making it to the ship. Their plan was definite to land at Blacksod. From there they would then see what to do.