PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 Still In Production After 60 Years.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 07:13
Acrosport II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A Squared
I think that you misunderstood the post there. Supposedly, it was a 170 manufactured in 1951, not a lawsuit award that happened in 1951. I don't know when this was supposed to have happened, or if it actually did. I've never heard of a lawsuit involving the seat tracks of a 170, but it's possible. There was however, a very large judgement against Cessna for seat tracks in a 185 crash. It was a 1966 185, the accident was in 1989, and the award was in 2001. The award was 480 million USD.
OK, I see now, the lawsuit quoted involved a C170 built in 1951, but had an accident many years later in which the widow sued for millions.

Was it soon after that lawsuit Cessna closed its doors for a number of years?.

The other accident you quoted...$480 million payout to the family, ridiculous, might as well close the company down for good. Bet the scumbag lawyer did OK out of that. Some of them are real Parasites.

Stupid Laws by Stupid Countries (Talking the lawmakers / politicians here, not the aircraft Manufacturers).

Hard to keep going with lawsuits like that.

These aircraft must have operated for a number of years before these fatal accidents. Was the seat issue always there, or was it as a result of worn out materials / fatigue. Or just not being lock in place properly before Takeoff.

An extra block with a pin that goes through the rail maybe a good idea. Set a little back before each pilot climb in.
There are short and tall pilots.

Last edited by Acrosport II; 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:33.