PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lap top and tablet ban
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 06:15
GrahamO

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CCGE29
Well if they just banned electronics from Qatar and the UAE then it would be even more obvious. They have to add other countries to make this 'security' precaution look valid.

It is just an excuse to get at the MEB3 and TK. What a joke.

Agreed. The UK has to go along with some of the Trump attempt to keep the ME3 out of the USA, but not so far as to create tensions between the UK and Qatar/UAE at a time when Liam Fox is camped in the Gulf telling the big money guys how much we love them.

I am sure there is a kernel of truth at the heart of the US decision but the whole broad brush thing doesn't bear the slightest scrutiny.

My own employer isn't going to insist its staff change over to flying on US airlines as that would be a mutiny, and when they arrive in 'murica, they can if they wanted, go out and buy a cheap laptop and use that instead, with all their data stored on company servers - or if their employer has a US base, provide a loan laptop instead. Sure they lose a few hours of working time in the air but that's worth it compared with travelling long haul on US airlines.