PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2017, 22:46
StaffyDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Seb,

From memory I completed my YOU session in July last year, my additional testing day in August and my Assessment Day in September. I was fortunate with all of my medical information and got things approved pretty quickly after my Assessment Day for the medical clearance. My file was sent to PSA at Tamworth in late September from what I understand.

Like all of us here, I was really keen to know where I sat in the pool of candidates so I called PSA in November to see how I was going. I was told that at that point that I was sitting roughly in the middle. This led to an offer to attend Flight Screening in March that I had to knock back because of work. This devastated and terrified me to think that I might have lost my only shot at it, but PSA were extremely understanding and accommodating and put me on the first course I was available for.

I'm a bit hesitant to give out the number for PSA myself as I don't know that it's the done thing, but your case manager at DFR might be happy to pass it on so you can give them a call and see where you stand. It's probably the best way to get an indication of how long you can expect to be waiting.

From your earlier posts about sitting height, your username and the fact that you attended the Avalon Air Show with DFR I'm pretty sure I shared a plane with you from Melbourne to Brisbane once the weekend was over. I'm the "old" guy from the mid-north coast of NSW. If you end up getting in touch with PSA let me know how you go. Maybe we'll end up on the same Flight Screening course. Good luck!