PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2017, 22:05
jonkster

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
As far as dictating social norms - it is none of my business who people choose to love and commit to - I have no desire to dictate whether you can or cannot choose to commit to.

There are ratbags and blow hards on *both* sides of the issue who want to turn this into something way more dramatic than it is and that is not helpful or fair, it turns the 'debate' into a slanging match where people get wrongly lumped into extreme stereotypes.

I think most people are not in either stereotype and so step back from the diatribes that tend to float around the issue from both the extreme ends of opinion.

My view is if you can find someone to love and be loved by who am I to say you can't do that? Why should I say if you happen to find someone of the same sex you cannot get the same legal rights as if they were of the opposite? Go for it as far as I am concerned. What happens in other people's bedrooms is none of my business.

For me it comes down to live and let live. Treat people fairly and if it what people do in their private lives doesn't hurt anyone then it is none of my business.

If we modify the law to recognise gay marriages I believe it will have exactly zero impact on me personally but would have a big positive impact for some others. Why should I be a dog in the manger?

If that makes me an LGBTI extremist or anarchist or someone trying to undermine society or with some secret agenda to force people into being gay or subverting children or promoting immorality or whatever then I think that is just plain silly.

If you have a heartfelt belief that gay people shouldn't be married, fair enough - that is how you see the world - it just doesn't make much sense to me.

I cannot see how anyone's opinion will change by the stuff written in this thread, it just gives people a chance to vent, sometimes with great vitriol