PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 21st Mar 2017, 21:10
The Scud 911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm not really sure if I will be able to make myself clear but I'm glad there's a place like this where I can ask such a question. Any kind of input will be appriciated.

So, my dream of being a pilot and the passion for aviation began more than 10 years ago. A lot has happened up to now that I'm 22 and I still wish to go into the industry. The only thing that's holding me back is my general lack of confidence in everyday life and low self esteem. This cases me to lack focus, clearity, assertivness and I'm also easily persuaded. As I was finishing high school the realization came to me that if I were to show up at the airline interview with personal traits such as these I would most likely be rejected. Spending tens of thousands of euros to be told that made me honestly scared so I quietly backed off in a hope to find career in engineering. As I entered university my thirst to aquire knowledge and prove myself was so big that I made too big goals for myself. This mae me overwhelmed and unable to make a plan to achieve all that.

I might be going off the track here but as my education is coming to an end I'm unsure of being content in a career as an engineer. I keep noticing myself checking out airplanes and admiring them. However, in all these years at university my confidence hasn't changed. Sure I changed but just as I gained some confidence in certain parts I lost it in others.

I guess what I'm looking for is an advice if it's still worth a shot. Can I still change myself so that I, myself, would feel confident going to an interview and stepping inside of a cockpit?