PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 problems in Kununurra
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2003, 16:14
Pete O Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exmexican

I decided to wait until all effects of alcohol subsided before replying to your post. There’s a better chance of it remaining civil that way.

Firstly, sorry for the name-calling, that was totally uncalled for.

Secondly, I did not suggest that there were any duty problems in the past. I merely meant that if five guys were sitting around the table with nothing to do, it is encouraged for two or three to go home and save their duty for when it will be needed. Maybe there was a different system used in the past to have the same effect, but it was not apparent to the JT Major General.

Thirdly, I also did not mean to imply that aircraft were flown over weight in the past. But it is possible (and does happen) for non-flying staff to forget when booking charters/scenic flights that weight restrictions do apply. What I simply meant was that there is now a system in place to help minimise the debacle that occurs some mornings.

Re: Pay rise. You seem to forget that until recently you were being paid BELOW the award. Sure some companies pay above the award, but the best a lot of us can hope to be paid for is at LEAST the award. There are a lot of people out there that don’t even get this. As far as the extra duties are concerned, it is no more that what everyone was already doing anyway.

Now luckily this is a rumour forum my friend, otherwise I would have been very offended. Why don’t you come and see me during the week. We will have that beer you were talking about and I will tell you what really happened (although you got me on the fuel… Damn the fuel cock). That way mate we can finish off the season and enjoy a cold beer or two amicably.