PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Different Services and where to get them
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2017, 14:20
tobster911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you NudgingSteel and Pegasus912 - I'm asking the question so I can continue to learn, it's a double edged sword. I ask the question and get condescending or sarcastic answers, or I don't ask the question and you read about me on the 9 o'clock news and I become the subject of another thread...
I will have a look through CAP413 again, and digest some more information, but it's one hell of a read, and anyone who says they know everything from it is almost certainly a Billy Bullsh*tter. I'm ALWAYS grateful for advice and information to help me learn, but I'll only learn from people being reasonable and explaining things to me, and pointing me in the right direction. So thank you

EDIT: Updated as I saw the other responses too. - I understand the main aspects of most bits that I need to know at the moment, but if during training I'm only told to ask for basic service, and told I don't need the others, then that's what I'll think. alex90, a listening squawk, something I've only just heard of today. Perhaps not condescending, but it does feel a bit like if I don't know, I shouldn't be flying, which isn't the right attitude, IMHO. I agree that uptake is slow for many reasons. I've been saving for the past 7 years to get my license, but it's paid off...

Thanks