PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 21st Mar 2017, 09:55
Treble one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machinbird
Treble one, As we age, the close regulation becomes less effective. I see that effect in myself, although I have good scores on physicals and would probably still be medically qualified to act as a commercial pilot.
Perhaps you are still too young to have encountered the issue?
AH was no longer a spring chicken, was he? Do you know what he had for nourishment the day of the accident?
I am technically a type II diabetic and indeed I researched into diabetes for two years so yep I'm aware of the issues. I have also suffered hypos and they are quite scary. I certainly wouldn't have attempted to perform LL aeros in a jet if I'd felt like that frankly.

So incapacitation due to hypoglycaemia at the top of a loop? Blimey those holes in that cheese.....they really were against him.

PS if he was hypoglycaemic this would have shown in the inevitable blood test he would have had on admission to A and E after the crash. Possibly even checked on site by the attending paramedics and doctor too.