PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex incident YSSY
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2017, 09:17
Tim Hamilton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nose wheel first
So Tim,

Based on the comment above I have a statement and a couple of questions.

1) But we ARE dealing with THIS incident. To introduce other hypothetical scenarios isn't helpful in this instance. To even suggest Bankstown, irrespective of you is implying that you absolutely believe they should have diverted there.

2) Do you have experience on the SAAB or any twin turboprop for that matter? If so, please share.

3) Are you suggesting that they should have abandoned their normal descent profile, steepened it up considerably, possibly stressed the aircraft more, rushed a briefing, flown into (possibly) unfamiliar airspace, elected to not have RFF available and elected to take a far shorter and narrower runway? All when

I suggest to you that distance isn't the factor in this case but rather time (if we expand on your argument). I'd bet my left one that had they decided to go for Bankstown, they would have been airborne longer than they were going into Sydney.

Jonkster is bang on the money with his comment:

Again, if you have some relevant experience and are able to comment from a position of authority, experience, knowledge, ability and expertise then I believe it is incumbent upon you to share with all of us what your qualifications are! If you have little or none then it would be nice if you'd kindly refrain from making ill informed comments.
It saddens me to see you doing this TWF

I enlightened many here with my fresh perspective, my job is done

Goodnight all.

Lots of Zzzzz

Tim aka The Yoda of Aviation.