PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fake management at JQHQ
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2017, 09:12
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm not so sure it's just JQ... VA is just as bad... they make a point of appointing people who know nothing... do a survey of people as to who would be the least capable appointee for a position and they will get the job... when someone with talent and experience does walk in the door it's an endless string of belittling, interrupting during meetings, grandstanding, trying to pick a minuscule item and overblow it while ranting and raving about it to the equally useless boss - a combination of sucking up and trying to belittle and marginalise someone who is supposed to be a colleague only to protect yourself from scrutiny and cover up the general populace's total lack of ability, competence or knowledge of the industry they are in... to the point where the well qualified end up gaining the respect of the frontline people but either get engineered out, leave of their own accord in preference to banging their head against the wall any longer or end up being loved by their subordinates and hated by their peers for screaming bull--- at every chance and being the only frontline attuned voice of reason.
Thus, I don't think it's any different in VA. Management, like politics these days, seems to attract the least qualified wank3rs that are capable of BSing their way in... very few that can be respected these days.
I know this from let's just say. someone I know well, went in there, was treated with absolute lack of respect, talked over at meetings, belittled in front of subordinates, backhand ridicule and when that person reacted sometimes (for the most remaining professional) by understandably letting loose with a well targeted and blistering response to the cheers of the front line, that just further entrenched the hatred of the person by the peer level people who just couldn't stand anyone who had graduated kindergarten having any sort of responsibility. Incompetence, blame shifting, in one case a person who should have retired years before doing absolutely nothing but throwing crap at others to cover up their own inactivity - just beyond belief even for the not always well run companies many of us started with back many years ago. Some of the stories absolutely would turn people pale of egregious incompetence rewarded by promotion and yes, even at higher levels, people entrusted with advancing the company negotiate deals that cost it millions more... too much to cover, JQ not at all unique.

Last edited by AerialPerspective; 21st Mar 2017 at 09:20. Reason: added content