PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The FRIDAY LIAR
Thread: The FRIDAY LIAR
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2017, 09:03
anotherbusdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Curtain.

And it seems so counter intuitive for this management team to be continuing down a path that has brought them to this very point. LEANIng, slashing, removing quality, and not owning their mess ups. Instead, hunting for ways to cover their blunders, and pay for them via paths that have been functioning very well up until they started their slashing and burning.

They want the CMP to provide them with more productivity - because that will help, surely? But without the benefit of more rest and better schedules, and less fatigue.

They want us flying everywhere on absolute Min Fuel - because that will surely help? ... Until the first big unforecast Springtime storm (coming soon!!) causes chaos as per every year with shock and surprise. This time though, with the new HK ATC system, and absolute fumes in the tanks - the "chaos" will be raised up a level to "carnage" I expect.

The solution lies not in the blame game, or the silly new management acronyms that they keep coming up with. The solution to the problem is identifying the problem. That their ridiculous path to the cheapest solution is the wrong path, that their leadership is not working.

I offer a solution in the "Peter Principle", and dare management to look internally and stop with the self denial, and self protection. Own up to the problem, and LEAD BY EXAMPLE....

Make every single employee from Board Members down, go through a series of EQ, IQ and Skills tests (and possible personality disorder tests as well!!.. get rid of the psychopaths while we are at it!!). Let each employee reapply for their position - - most importantly review honestly who is running the show, and why are they in their positions if the skills and personality and IQ/ EQ are not up to the job.

Let's get really honest with ourselves. I dare you!!!!