PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 20th Mar 2017, 20:04
G0ULI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reviewing various videos of the flight, I see a slight hesitation in pitch as the aircraft is descending through the vertical. The pitch change seems to stop for just a second or so before continuing. This might be a video artifact, the pilot realising he has a big problem, or simply the angle between the camera and the aircraft.

It may be that the hesitation was an attempt to maximise airspeed in order to pull a higher G recovery in the final quarter of the loop. I don't think it has a great deal of relevance to the final outcome, but it might serve to indicate that the pilot was fully aware that there was a problem at that point and was doing his best to try and recover the situation.

It also might suggest that the pilot was trying to invent a recovery procedure without having trained for that eventuality before hand.

Lemain

I must take issue with you suggesting that the AAIB investigators were not completely competent and exercising due diligence throughout this investigation. Such comments are unworthy of this forum.