PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Roster satisfaction
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2017, 19:00
Laker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seaman Staynes
I have been seriously hacked of with this farce of a new roster system having recently got nothing I bid for. After discussing this at length, having heard that the roster planning manager apparently said repeatedly that seniority cannot be applied to the roster system "even if tasked" at the last forum, I was shown some of the stuff jeppesen puts online about the system and was interested to see this question in the blurb:

For senior crew the strict order must remain. Is it possible to award bids differently for junior crew?
You can use different assignment principles for various crew groups. For crew members with many service years the assignment of bids can remain very strict. For crew members with very few years of service it is possible to let seniority have an impact, but not be totally dominant.

Also there was this:
Equal distribution can be combined with preferential bidding in seniority order.

Have a look here http://ww1.jeppesen.com/documents/av...wRostering.pdf

So correct me if I am wrong but the roster / planning bloke is a deceiving, misleading,psuedologist as seniority can be used in the preferential bidding system and seniority can also be applied throughout the system to keep the experienced guys a little happier? Yes I'm sure he's a decent bloke ( ) and he's doing what he's told......however.......

Now if others have a look and concur with this, lets make sure they know it at the forum, write in etc. Seniority needs to be applied and not only for Captains, there are some pretty senior FOs delayed by age / aircraft type who are getting awful rosters as well!

Hope that all makes sense!
Of course Preferential Bidding can be programmed to honor seniority. That's exactly how it works at all the union airlines which use PBS bidding. The problem is that arrangement requires more pilots (less profit). As long as the planes get from point A to point B I don't think the top management at EK cares about 'roster satisfaction'.