PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 18th Mar 2017, 18:24
hum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cognitive impairment?

111 -
but I have to say that there is absolutely no evidence of cognitive impairment or incapacity to be a contributory factor in this accident
What would you consider as evidence of cognitive impairment or incapacity? You say there is none, how can you be so sure?

Maybe he had a bad day?
We all have a bad day from time to time, but it should not end up with such a tragic accident. This was more than just a 'bad day'..

Maybe he was complacent? Maybe he was ill prepared? Maybe he made a series of errors of judgement?
Then why did the AAIB not say so?

then everyone rushes to say that he was impaired or incapacitated.
No – if he was definitely impaired or incapacitated, would the AAIB not have concluded that? They have left the question unanswered, which can only mean (to me) they do not know. All I and others are suggesting is that such ‘a catalogue of uncharacteristic errors during a flying display’ is highly unusual (I cannot think of another display accident with such a sequence). As more ‘uncharacteristic errors’ become apparent, maybe we should look for a common link?

In fact the more I look at the sequence or events from a few seconds prior to pull up to a few seconds before disaster the less I see of anything a reasonably competent fully functional aerobatic display pilot would have done.