PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight School Preperation, No good maths/physics quals yet?
Old 18th Mar 2017, 12:23
mike172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paulc95
Ah, that's a big relief, factoring in 5 hours of maths/physics study a week while i'm in uni and a bit longer when off uni will be a breeze. I'll be happy to just re-do the gcse and physics topics on revision sites in my own time. That's not hard atall so thank you for that.

Had a little look at you're other posts and congratulations on clearly being well on your way to CPL with ME & IR... If you don't mind me asking how old are you currently and when did you begin your training? Also what where your reasons for going the modular route? I can't wait to start.

I've applied to the honourable company of air pilots at airpilots.org for a scholarship to train for a PPL over this summer! I'm hoping and praying I get an interview for that I couldn't think of a better way to spend the summer.
I'm the grand old age of 29 now. I got my PPL at 20, night rating shortly after and slowly built up hours over the years. I worked as an aircraft engineer between then and now but knocked that on the head to complete my training as was always the plan.

As for going modular, it was the best option for me. I was working and I didn't have that sort of money available to go integrated. I have very supportive parents but there was no way I'd even entertain the thought of asking them to fund that which would be the only way I could do it.

Modular is great, though. You can go at your pace, choose where to do each module, when to do it and you'll save a huge amount of money in the process. We all pass the same exams to the same standards so in theory there should be little difference between modular and integrated students/graduates.

But everyone has their own set of unique circumstances so what works for one person won't work for others. Just do your research, talk to people (as you are now), visit potential schools and all will become clear.

It all boils down to your attitude and the amount of work you're willing to put in. Just by posting on here you're already showing a good attitude I'd say so the best of luck to you!