PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Winter storms in USA
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2017, 02:41
Curtain rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone who may still be confused by unscientific BS (other than Shep and cxorcist):

1. The main reason some people foolishly ignore/oppose the scientific consensus on evolution is their religious beliefs. What do you think motivates people (including Trump, Shep and cxorcist) to ignore/oppose the scientific consensus on global warming?

2. Despite being respected as an aeronautical engineer, Burt Rutan is not a climate scientist and his presentation has been repeatedly discredited. A quick google search will find lots of results, like this one.

3. Extrapolating data (making predictions) is exactly how science proves a hypothesis is correct. In climate science, retroactive examination of data shows that current extrapolation remains correct.

4. I never said I care if Miami and the Maldives are under water in 100 years, or claimed I know or care what needs to be done about it. I meant to explain that a scientific consensus describes an understanding better than anyone's opinion because and it should be relied upon because everything else is still a discredited or unfounded hypothesis. I also said that a scientific consensus can only be changed when sufficient, valid evidence is discovered and presented.

In case you missed it, a good Ted Talk for anyone who reacts as cxorcist did:
Why you think you're right - even if you're wrong

Have a nice day!