PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help a future pilot
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2003, 03:26
Gerard123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.

Thanks alot for your replies, I never thought I'd get such great responses. Of course your replies bring more queries , so here goes:
I work part time at the local police airwing by washing ,fueling ,prepping aircraft etc. In return I get to help them track stolen vehicles and get to fly in very exciting situations ! Would this be sort of community slash life experience work or just general experience? I think this is what draws me away from the idea of being an airline pilot.

I think I should have a good aptitude because I was invited to a special club after IQ tests , apparently this happens if you have higher then 120 or something like that. However I am hopeless at school work (with exception of geography and english).I am good at maths like that mentioned in the BA hiring article on this website,trigonometry and calculas.But my other maths is hopeless! I am very mechanical though. I can rebuild motorbikes without manuals and I design and build radio control planes etc. My teachers tell me I am a quiet leader who leads by example but will lead firmly when required, who argues fairly when others don't quite agree with me.

I also think my bit about being pretty good at flying was useless information, anyone who is looking apply for commercial flying better be good at it anyway! Thanks alot for your responses and please keep them coming !

Best regards,
Gerard.