PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abort and Go-Round @ BHX 12.3.17
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2017, 16:19
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Frankly if you are a professional hanging around a spotters forum you probably need to expect the odd question that makes you slap your forhead without reaching for your heart meds.
....Well we agree on that, though I don't take heart meds, and I don't mind trying to answer sensible, "answerable" questions....

Problem is when does the third degree stop? Over the years it's been endless questions about 7700 codes ( actually quite tasteless since it's usually some poor sod having a heart attack), "odd" Atlantic routings on Flight Radar ("who do I report this too" - nobody, it's a "random track...." yes but I feel I really must report this....), and no doubt there are other examples; I've even being Monday morning quarterbacked in flight about flying too fast (they were wrong) in the cruise by a "not a pilot, but I know about flying" individual.... It does increasingly feels as Pax b jokingly described in his first paragraph.

Anyhow on the specific point of this thread here are hundreds if not thousands of normal go arounds flown every day around the world, and I suspect most times an explanation of some sort will be offered by those at the front end. If the spotters start demanding a detailed explanation for every one, regardless of what was said on board, we are going to end up with a very cluttered forum.

Anyhow, e'nuff from me....

Last edited by wiggy; 16th Mar 2017 at 16:32.