PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 16th Mar 2017, 10:08
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's about wasta!!

Originally Posted by F2L
Even with bad reputations regarding HR, flydubai still a good option, in my opinion, Dubai is an amazing city, expensive, but, lots of space, wide avenues, lots of entertaiment... people say that rosters are terrible but I have friends that love the shortage of layovers... HK, I don t think is a good ideia, salary is little bit lower and you need to pay 15% TAX, a 600 sq/ft apartment will coast 3.5k USD, for the same value you get a 1,500+ sq/ft in Dubai...I have my fingers crossed and holpe that flydubai will restart hiring soon!
Fly 2 Live I think the problem here is that you think the rosters are the biggest problem! They are an annoyance but rosters alone wouldn't ever dissuade me nor would I dissuade someone else from joining due to them.

It is the utter contempt and lack or professionalism that allows you to be treated with such disdain that neither you nor your family matter. I couldnt care if tax is 50% it only matters what you have disposable at the end of the month not how much your gross is!!

I never cared and still don't care how hard I work, I think if a firm pays you they can treat you however badly they wish from a legal rostering perspective. ( I don't call this good practice and wouldn't do it myself ) but it is within their gift and so would unlikely be the biggest factor in a stay or go decision.

However in HK the legal system is similar to UK. Wasta has some play in every society but in Dubai firms like FZ act as if above the law on a daily basis. They will send you possibly and knowingly to your death. That is what you are worth to them. If that is worth a slightly bigger apartment then fill your boots.

You want Dubai then join EK. They will treat you badly but not as badly as FZ and at least you won't be a second class citizen in Dubai (except when it comes to locals that is)