PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Pilots for KQ
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2017, 08:43
benalwa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those going in Friday this is what i got to keep the thread going.
Please make sure you bring along your National ID card as indicated in the email from KQ (not passport). The test is conducted by KAF and they wont allow you into the barracks minus a national ID (to them a passport is not an ID, funny indeed)

Bridging courses are not accepted by KQ(3 guys were sent away on wednesday). If you dont meat the bench mark grades its gonna be kinda difficult.
Bring along some water for your self and a snack maybe, nothing is served at the barracks for strangers. The tests will be completed at about 4pm, with a 5 minutes break in between; and i mean five minutes not 5 minutes 1 second.

For the girls who are short and they wanna hit 5.4 which is minimum, get your self a good hair style that gives you a couple of inches. 2 ladies were bundled out at 5.38.

The test itself is high school stuff, just simple arithmetic but time is an issue. Its the general science paper thats got some high school chemistry e.g Effect of alkali on litmus, which metal burns brightest in oxygen, composition of a nickel cell, how to remove hardness in water, which direction does a magnet point when its freely suspended?, which metal reacts to formm sulphur dioxide. Thats as far as my memory serves me.
For mechanical reasoning a wrong answer is = -0.5, you rather not guess anything.

For Math, familiarize yourself with relative velocity, its gonna help you a great bunch.

Thats all folks. Wish you success.