PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAG interview
Thread: TAG interview
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2017, 08:16
Son of a Beech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
last year I did an interview with TAG.

A written exams. The first part of the written exams was mainly aimed at operational, everyday stuff. With experience from an airline or previous corporate flying and good knowledge of any EASA OM-A you'll have no problems with his one. Second part is more ATPL stuff and things you are perhaps not directly working with in your daily operations. A lot of Vspeeds and their relationships, legal requirements around choosing Vspeeds etc. Also some more straight fwd questions on landing and t/o distance requirements, wet runways, climb requirements etc etc.

Interview with a panel consisting of the Flight Ops manager and a HR ladies. General personal interview questions and some questions concerning my results on the written exams.

My sim ride was in a Hawker 400.

I had a copilot that was applying at the same time as my partner in the right seat. In the back a guy from Flight Safety running the sim and a third guy, training manager at the time, assessing me. I was told that I would have no major failures and that it was more about managing scenarios.

Having never flown the Hawker they were helpful with speeds, flap settings etc. "Ask for any info and we'll help you". Flight was from Gatwick to Southampton. All raw data. Weather in scenario was not the best so I made sure I used anti-ice and took standard winter precautions that I would normally do. Took off and had various turns to headings and level offs and step climbs from QNH to first FL. Remember to set 1013 straight away when cleared to first FL, it was pretty tight if I remember correctly....easy to forget when under pressure in sim with small step climbs. Then short transition between SID and STAR.

On approach passenger reports that there was smoke in the cabin (no cabin crew). Dealt with him with a short "we are landing soon". Declared emergency Asked for QRH. Was given a 5 minute holding and said i wanted to divert. I was then immediately given a heading for the ILS. Landed a few minutes later and the training manager asked me to stop on the runway and that was it. Did the same scenario one more time for the F/O

One thing I know is that they are putting great emphasis CRM and teamwork. Standard stuff, but I made sure I always asked for my sim partners opinion before taking final decision on pretty much everything.

I was told that they would not give me any feed back as such there and then but was told I had done well. About a week later I was informed I had passed and was put in the hold pool.

Out of pure curiosity, which type are you interviewing for?