PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Shares Plunge
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2017, 04:44
armchairpilot94116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathay has been a top tier airline in Asia and even the World for decades. And along with Singapore Airlines has been my top two favorites.

I do hope CX gets itself back into being the best again and doing it profitably.

With such a huge loss from fuel hedging it still managed to lose relatively little money. An annual loss even much smaller EVA has had before and survived.

Wishing CX the best in it's recovery. However, cheapening the product and raising the price of tickets is not going to work. Cattle are much smarter these days.

Re-examining what is profitable and what is not will help. Maybe getting rid of First Class (as is the trend among many of it's peers) may be needed. First Class may become something only the ME3 can work with.

The Titanic was likely well run, until it hit the Iceberg. CX has hit it's Iceberg with the fuel hedge. Is it going to sink? Or Swim ? I am hoping it swims and I think the fundamentals seem to be workable (considering the relatively small loss on such a monumental fuel hedge loss).

I'd like to fly on CX again. Hope it's around when I get around to doing that.