PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type 2 Diabetes
Thread: Type 2 Diabetes
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2017, 18:39
horizon flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been diagnosed with type 2 for the last 20 years. I believe you will not be able to fly for the next 3 months, until your next HB1aC test to see if it is in control and eye tests to check for retina damage and anything else and I think you may need to be signed off by an AME. Some drugs are OK with the CAA one is Metformin others can cause problems like comas so needs checking. HB1aC is a 90 day moving window of blood sugar levels so 6 days won't cut it. My simple advice is 1. lose weight get a BMI of less than 25, 23 best. 3. Take as much Metformin as you can stand, can be very antisocial at high levels may need gas mask or running shoes for a loo run. Try not to take drugs that push your insulin production it's the road to being on insulin. 3. Cut out as much carbohydrate as possible spuds in any form are bad. 4. Short Burst exercise is good lowers blood sugar, Last I take a food supplement, Chromium Picolinate from Holland & Barratt used by body builds to shift fat to muscle helps to reduce blood sugar and helps with endurance, I find it helps. Best of luck.