PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 15th Mar 2017, 16:25
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not about you you are all equally unimportant to them!!!

FZ feedback timescales have not changed since Year 0. i.e it is when they can be bothered or someone notices that you have requested something.

It could be the same day 0 it could be 18 months. In days gone by there was a lady who was particularly inefficient in HR. She would basically decide on which emails to answer based on what nationality she thought the airline needed that week. It was only after I joined and saw this is action, 5 years ago I add, that I could see why it took soooo long for some things to happen.

She basically had emails for years that she simply had never acknowledged or even responded to as she did not like the look of the name!! The previous Recruitment Manager JM who went to Amazon 2-3 years ago eventually did have her reassigned to another company as he had no idea that she was deliberately scuppering the recruitment process by taking matters into her own hands.

However many people like this people, who simply would not have a job in the Western world sit in Aspin and FZ HQ T2 racking up countless hours on Facebook and the Khaleej Times and simply ignoring your details sitting in a inbox as they don't get paid any more or any less i another non subcontinental joins.

In sum if your application is seen by the right person at the right time on a day that they are not busy you can go from application to hire in under 6-8 weeks. Some guys take 2 yrs to get the same process done just because of numerous reasons but mostly because there are no processes, they are not audited, no one cares, general malaise, poor management, lack of motivation, lack of general interest, never ending and repetitive cycle of hiring people who think they really want FZ and have ignored everything those of us who have first hadn't experience tell them and want to join and who of course when they become wise to the actually situation then wish to leave again.

In essence, just remember you are not important, you are a bum on a seat, they don't care if they hire you or another pilot as you will both be the same amount of effort for them. Feedback is given when and if it suits and when they are left with little choice. So if they have a course that needs filling they will happily ask if you can start Monday.

If they don't have a course and it's Ramadam perhaps they will reply perhaps they will simply delete you email along with 50 others from their inbox and deal with the crocodiles nearest the table.

If you have a chance to go to HK Express why on gods earth would you choose that over flydubai!