PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 15th Mar 2017, 13:57
Dedalus737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Since the forum was of great help for me too, I will post my experience with the assessment:

Phone call: 20/02/2017
Assessment day: 06/03/2017
Positive answer: 14/03/2017

As everyone stated here, the atmosphere is very nice. The people from Ryanair will make sure that you are well briefed for the day (starting from a quick tour of the facilities - toillet, cafeteria etc all the way to good tips on how you should handle the sim in order to obtain the results required in the flight profile).

HR questions:
- some details from my previous working experience;
- why Ryanair;
- where do I see myself in 5 years;
- what is my opinion of the presentation video in the Assessment Pack.

Technical questions:
- Piper Seneca V anti-ice, landing gear, max crosswind (It was my last flown airplane and also my ME);
- Do I have a rule of thumb for crosswind calculation ("clock rule");
- Formula for crosswind component (sin angle x total wind speed).

SIM: That day we had EIDW. Climbing straight on rwy heading to 5000ft. 25 degrees banking turns, accelerations and decelerations, level changes. Then straight to NDB (frozen sim, asked to indicate on plate where we are). Afterwards, repositioned on an interception course for ILS RWY 28. Landed and then requested to take-off again and repositioned on a different interception course for the same rwy. At 1000ft the examiner froze the sim and informed me that I will be instructed to perform a go-around when I will reach 300ft. After the go-around procedures were completed, my detail ended.

My advice: look and act professional (calm, suit and tie, shaved, fresh haircut and have a pen to write down the assessor's pointers). The pointers he gives you are really useful and will ensure a good performance in the sim. Also, the person from HR was really nice and helpful. Altogether, the environment the assessors created was a friendly and professional one and all they did was towards helping me perform at my best potential.
I know is not different from other posts, but this is how it went down :-) .

I wish all of you guys success in your future careers!