PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greece: Global SA vs. Egnatia Aviation vs. Modular
Old 15th Mar 2017, 12:24
somedayillfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greece: Global SA vs. Egnatia Aviation vs. Modular

Hi everyone,

Due to financial problems in The Netherlands, I couldn't start my integrated flight course at CAE Amsterdam. Other schools in the Netherlands are no option, because of the same reason.

That brings me to the following situation: I'm currently looking for a flight school abroad and am gathering as much information as I can. I brought my search down to two flight schools in Greece (easy step, as I'm half-Greek):

• [*]

Both schools claim that the situation in Greece is great and that they can deliver over 90% of their students within one year to an airliner like Aegean, Olympic Air, SkyExpress, RyanAir, etc... Can somebody confirm this? Global Aviation doesn't really have a selection. Just a math, physics and English test. That concerns me a little bit. Is that a disadvantage? Egnatia Aviation uses EPST's COMPASS Test.

Another option is going modular. A topic which is widely discussed on this board, but a bit out-dated. I know companies like RyanAir hire 50% modular and 50% integrated students. Does this count for other major airliners as well?

Why should I choose modular over integrated (or vice versa) and can anyone of you say anything about the above mentioned FTO's?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by somedayillfly; 20th Mar 2017 at 12:09.