PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cadet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2017, 12:15
TequilaMockingbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stretch06
The Jetstar Cadet Pilot Program applications have reopened for a mid year intake. See the CAE stand at Avalon Airshow, or CAE Oxford Avaition Academy website for more details.
I'll bite.

I'm a bit perplexed to see that the Phase 1 testing fee has increased from $150 to $200 since testing conducted in December. Why the noticeable increase in such a short time? I know that many people had to travel from interstate and ended up paying hundreds in flights and accomodation just to attend to testing. How many quality applicants will be deterred simply by the sheer cost ($140k for training + accomodation + living expenses) associated with this cadetship?

I went through the testing for a cadetship with a different airline a number of years ago and got through to the final round. The airline paid for flights and accommodation to a major city so candidates could be further tested.

Whilst I understand this may not be viable for all airlines, I think it important for organisations to pick quality trainees that have the right aptitude as compared to those with the deepest pockets.

Although I understand that money talks and there is no shortage of wannabe pilots, I think that ultimately airlines are only hurting themselves by precluding potential quality applicants who simply don't have the finances.