PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abort and Go-Round @ BHX 12.3.17
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2017, 08:42
KelvinD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it rather sad that some posters on this forum are so full of vitriol and bile that they feel an overwhelming urge to have a go at anybody who asks an innocent question on here.
The OP asked if anybody could shed any light on the incident. He/she didn't come up with any smart arse "end of the world/school misses disaster by millimetres" theories.
I assume at least some of the posters would be drivers, airframe and no doubt you are expert in pointing the machine in the correct direction, getting it there safely etc. A lot of them, sadly, are totally devoid of the very basic skills required in dealing with other people, particularly strangers, in a decent, well mannered way.
Personally, I find it a lot easier to give a stranger a bit of slack, at least until that stranger demonstrates he doesn't deserve it. Then the response may change.
It must be disappointing for a first time poster. Imagine this: OP has a genuine question over an incident which may have left him alarmed or perhaps just puzzled. OP thinks to himself "I know, I will ask those experts on Pprune, they are a knowledgeable lot and can probably provide an answer". And then, instead of a grown up answer, he gets the kind of crap we see above.