PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2017, 23:50
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Why The F-35 Is The Iphone Of Fighter Aircraft 13 Mar 2017 Russ Read
"...F-35 manufacturer Lockheed-Martin offered the following example as to why to the sensor-fusion engine is a crucial addition in a white paper: The F-35 and Advanced Sensor Fusion

"An enemy pilot effectively neutralizes sensor A from one F-35 in a formation of several. The likelihood that enemy will be able to do the same to another F-35 in the same formation is slim to none. It is extremely difficult for the enemy to defeat multiple sensors on multiple F-35s simultaneously. Because the sensors between the F-35s are fused, the pilot in aircraft #1 can simply tap in to aircraft #2’s sensor suite."
...What makes the F-35 most like the iPhone is its user potential. Berke explained that the original iPhone was branded as an Mp3 player, cell phone and internet device, but developers have now made it so much more. Similarly, now that F-35 operators have their hands on the aircraft, they are likely to continue to develop its capabilities, according to Berke.

“The F-35, it’s light years beyond anything we already have,” said Berke. “The only way I know that is I flew F-18s, F-16s, F-22s and F-35s operationally for 23 years, that’s how I know that.”
Why The F-35 Is The Iphone Of Fighter Aircraft | The Daily Caller