PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2017, 21:34
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KayPam

I will be passing (not taking ) instruments, meteorology, performance and mass and balance next week.
My books were read and all AvExam questions are answered, so my method requirements are met

However, for the next subjects to come, I'm not so sure if I should still apply the same method...
Next set of exams will be flight planning, principles of flight, and aircraft general knowledge.
For AGK, i'm pretty sure it's best to read the entire books and to do all the questions.
But flight planning seems really easy - just time consuming
And POF is sort of in the middle I think.*

I am doing the flight planning questions right now, without having ever opened the books, and I find myself answering correctly to 90-100% of the available questions..
Overall there are just the same calculations to do over and over again with few variations and little specific knowledge to have (like what are the different fuel quantities required, how long before a flight should one file a flight plan and that's pretty much all..), and then careful thinking and calculations will guarantee the correct answer..

I calculated I would be spending like 15 hours just answering AviationExam questions on this topic...

Is it really necessary to see all avexam questions ? Could there be any surprise question like there could be in a subject like AGK, instruments or meteorology ?

Fellow ATPL students, does your method include answering all the questions on the question bank ?

Following subjects will be human factor, gen nav and radio nav.
Will it be beneficial to have seen all the questions on these subjects ? I believe it could very well be so.
Hello,
I passed 3 out of 4 subjects today.

Please be reassured, I haven't failed the fourth one, but there was no time to take it today, tomorrow then (as planned). Mass and balance so no worries.

The above questions are hot in my head right now.

Thanks