PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in Denmark + New member says Hello ;-)
Old 14th Mar 2017, 19:25
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suggest your principle problem may be the British weather! In which case if you can spare a week in May, June, July or September, and book a course near Luton or Stanstead, you should be able to make progress, in English. The summer season gives long daylight hours, good weather generally, and you could also do a bit of night flying! which is good practice.

For example, google Elstree airport, which has several flying schools. The usual beware, don't part with your money all at once! pay as you go, just in case the flying school runs into difficulties, lots do, in which case if you paid in a big lump for a complete course, you may end up with a loss and no license.

Speaking as a Yank who has lived in the UK since 1970, they are friendly folks and a good place to learn to fly. I did my gliding at Booker Gliding Club and went on to get the power license at the flying school at Wycombe Air Park, not far from Heathrow. But Ryanair doesn't go to LHR!

Most flying schools do advertise on the internet. And the locals will help you find a low cost place to stay.