PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 14th Mar 2017, 15:42
sika hulmuta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falcon900, we are singing from the same hymn sheet. That the accident happened because of pilot error is not in dispute. But why?

To my mind, there was little wrong for the first part of the flight, Knowing the aircraft and runway I can even rationalise the downwind take off which no pilot would countenance lightly. Yes, we can say this happened 2 kts early or late, but that really is Monday Morning quarterbacking. I can easily and do make such errors every flight, every day. It falls within what I call " normal".

However from just before the pull up there are suddenly gaping discrepances, from a previously "normal" flight, and I agree with others that the report seems to be thin on the human factors and medical side. It certainly stands greater scrutiny.

My agenda is to understand what actually happened to try to prevent it happening again. The Why.

Saying "It was pilot error" is stating the obvious and achieves little more than pointing a the finger of blame, which may be sufficient for those who lost loved ones, but not for me. Especially if the blame is subsequently mitigated by circumstances found to be outside the control of the pilot.

Something happens just prior to pull up which is not explained. The pattern of control and flight suddenly changes from "normal" to abnormal. Why?