PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to New Jersey, now go home
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2017, 13:54
gardenshed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the Boss of United says it's a loss making route, so he won't bother running it himself. That's fine it's his train set do what you want. So why the need to protest then.
Emirates see it differently that's their prerogative, we will see in the long run who is right.
I've said it before and I will say it again, if the US carriers upped their game and standard of service, from what I've seen over the years, the American public are a very patriotic bunch, and would prefer to fly with a US carrier.
The sad truth is however the standard of service is genuinely pretty awful even on Business and First compared to the Middle Eastern airlines, hence the public vote with their wallets and avoid the US Carriers it would appear.
The ball is in the court of the US airlines, perhaps if they spent less time bouncing between massive profits and Chapter 11, and concentrated on the their passengers then they would achieve a nice healthy permanent profit, and longevity.
It would appear though that modern style is cut,cut,cut and then charge for every little item, even BA is going the way of a low cost outfit.