PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 13th Mar 2017, 20:20
TheSkiingPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys!

Email Recieved - 20/02/2017 (I would get call within next 14 days)
Phonecall - 27/02/2017 (Questions about application, nothing special)
Assessment Day - 13/03/2017

Sharing my experience of the assessment day. This forum has helped me quite a bit, I used skyinstructor and ACE for my pre-assessment studies, and some help from a few friends who are in RYR about systems and info on the B737. I had 2 hours at Simcheck two days before assessment day.

7 of us in total (4 Romanians, 1 Polish, 1 Hungarian and 1 British) All arrived at around 7:45am, and a gentleman came to take us through at 7:58. (So be there earlier than 8:00am)
Very kind man, made us all feel at ease, made loads of jokes and spoke slowly and clearly. Clearly had LOTS of aviation experience. He showed us around the place, where the canteen was, the toilets and a few other places. Then took us to the simulator, then into a briefing room next door.

Gave us a briefing about the day, and showed us on a monitor basically what was on the briefing pack we all got. We were allocated into pairs (don't know what happened to the 7th guy), given the SID/APP plates for the sim assessment, and given about 20 mins to brief each other and go through everything.

First two people were called up for the sim session, and I was then called in for the interview first. Two men in the interview room (which is located next door to the briefing room).

TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
- DA42 Electrical System
- DA42 Anti-Ice/De-Ice
- Pitot Blockage
- Thunderstorm conditions
- Critical Alpha
- Angle of Incidence
- Seats on 737-800

HUMAN RESOURCES
- Tell me about yourself
- Why should we hire you
- What do you know about APC Programme
- Assessment with other airline (and result)
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- Weaknesses
- Can you fund Programme

SIM ASSESSMENT

EMA WAL2N SID, amended clearance - Runway Heading, after 2NM Right turn Heading 360° Climbing 5000ft
General Handling - Accelerations, Climbs, Descents maintaining 500ft/min...
What's your QDM, where are you on Approach chart
Enter Hold (Teardrop Entry for us), Emergency during outbound leg of hold (bomb on board) - DODAR + NITS
Radar Vectors for ILS Rwy 27
Detail Complete

The whole assessment is very relaxed, the assessors are friendly and welcoming.
Confidence in key, smile and speak clearly.
In Sim - Always talk to partner, they look for CRM and decision-making.
Whole thing not as nerving as it seems, don't worry.

Any questions or queries, DM me. I'm happy to help!

Last edited by TheSkiingPilot; 15th Mar 2017 at 19:08.