PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So WestJet almost puts one of their 737 in the water while landing at St-Maarten...
Old 13th Mar 2017, 15:35
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NutLoose
The camera will put copyright info with the image.
The Canon 6D will put copyright info into the EXIF file but won't put it on the image with the fancy font.

Originally Posted by NutLoose
the important thing is simply the glass, no matter what your camera is or does, shooting through third rate glass always will result in a third rate image.
The lens Christine Garner used is certainly pro quality.

My initial caution over accepting the original photos as unquestionable evidence of a near disaster came largely from the poor image quality of the pictures as first published by Christine Negroni. Also, the assertion that they were taken by a professional photographer well known in the aviation community didn't quite seem to pan out from a quick look around online.

Christine N. says the original pictures were re-edited in Picasa for her blog, that certainly explains the image quality issue to my satisfaction. And, even if you do a minimal edit with a great original file, sometimes the blog software will butcher the picture with compression and other artifacts when it is published online.

Christine G. does some great photography but, like me, I don't believe she earns a living as a professional photographer.

Anyway, the photo of the low approach posted in the Forbes online article appears to be a minimally edited jpeg. It is razor sharp, and I think she probably quickly zoomed out to get the shoreline elements for context when she saw what was happening.